2015 Peppermint Twist
- Flips chose Blessings in a Backpack which provides school age children in need with a backpack every Friday with meal supplies to get them through the weekend. They did a "ST$CK 4 CHARITY" contest in the gym. For every STUCK routine, Flips donated $1 for a total of $626!
- MHG Mini-Hops chose Zak Johnson Memorial Foundation to help build an all abilities playground in Plymouth as well as provide scholarships to Wayzata High School students. They held their 2nd annual "Strenth-A-Thon" and raised $2,755 from pledges! They had 5 different areas of strength/skills that gymnasts did for pledges. "An easy process with minimum extra work!"
- North Crest chose Operation Christmas Child. They collected 116 boxes full of toys and enough cash to ship them, total value $3,000!
Pinnacle chose Colon Cancer Coalition. Their team chose this charity in support of one of their team parents that is currently fighting Colon Cancer. Their athletes raised $1,602 through t-shirt sales, bake sales, and a penny drive.
- Team UP (Ultimate Performance) collected 30 pounds of food for the Chippewa Falls Community Pantry. Valued at $100.
- TCT chose American Brain Tumor Association and Special Olympics Minnesota, Gymnastics. So far they have held an open gym, sold t-shirts, sold protein bars & shakes. $426 for ABTA, $1,093 for Special Olympics, and$250 for Michelle Blanske! (Total $1,769)
2014 Peppermint Twist
Our first annual Compete for your Favorite Charity was a rousing success. Results as of 12/20/2014 below.
- Gleasons Eagan Xcel- "Sharing and Caring Hands" so far $917
- GMG - "Darby's Dancer *KDI" so far $255
- Mini-Hops - "Cherubs" (Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia awareness) so far $1,398.85
- TCT - "The Hendrickson Foundation" so far $2642
- Flips - "Pajama Program Charity" so far $1001
- North Shore Gymnastics - Kids Against Hunger: 60 hours, 15 gymnasts, 14 parents, 12,960 meals
- Crowley’s Gymnastics - Kidsport Gymnastics TBD
Receiving the $500 match from TCT:
Classic Gymnastics – “Community Action Partners” $3,000 + $500 = $3,500
JETS Gymnastics- "Channel One" $4,725 + $500 (TCT) + $500 (Jets Owner) = $5,725. This will feed 25,000 people in their community!
Mini-Hops - "Cherubs" (Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia awareness) $1,647 + $500 = $2,147
Thank you for all your generosity. Over $16,000 was raised for charities!
Media coverage: We had some media over the weekend and the Star Tribune took some photos. Check these out: