Why is everyone wearing teal ribbons?
To show support for the victims of sexual abuse in gymnastics and the world.
Dear USAG Members,
A lot has happened in the last few weeks in our world of gymnastics. Nassar [was] in his third trial with more and more victims coming forward every day to tell their stories. Many of us are watching and wondering what it is we can do to support these women and men who have been so brave.
Because of this, we have created a movement to support all of the victims as well as the current members of USAG. The intent is to unify all of us who are left in the rubble and stand together as we, “say we will not tolerate this!”
We know that our MN members are compassionate and willing lend a hand to those who need support. We also know that there are a lot of questions weighing on your hearts and minds on how to tackle this beast of a subject in your own gyms and with your own athletes.
Here’s what we are asking you to do:
2. Decide if you are ready to join the movement.
3. Not quite ready? That’s ok! Some people just need more time. We will wait for you! In the mean time, make sure your policies are up to date regarding child safety.
4. Ready?! Join us!! Follow along on social media, create your own marketing materials with the attached logo designs. Talk to your parents and athletes
The soft roll out of the social media accounts and logo have already started. We intend to have this out fully well before 2018 State and Regional competitions.
Amy Blee Fraser, Donna Jahn, Liz Hampe, Linsey Hamilton
Judge Liaison Beth Ann Cavanor
Ryan Rohloff - Coach Liaison
Wendy Seifert - Fan, NCAA, MAGA and MN High School League Liaison
Caroline Ellingboe Shields - Graphic Designer
Ella Cavanor - Marketing
POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Upload/tag the “Stronger Together” accounts in your photos on social media in support. You can email them directly to the movement’s email address provided if needed. The photos will be reposted to the accounts in order to achieve this increased awareness to the community. Have fun and be creative with this!
Usernames of Social Media Accounts
• Instagram account: @stongertogethergym
• Facebook account: @strongertogethergym Social Links:
• Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/strongertogethergym/
• Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/strongertogethergym